Yesterday my aunt came by and ask me to Jailbreak her iPad2. Unfortunately, her iDevice has been updated to iOS 7.1.x which was known no Jailbreak available.
image from Redmond Pie
The night before, I’ve stumble upon an article that says 7.1.x can be jailbroken using Pangu, a Jailbreak tool by a Chinese group.
To my surprise, their method works!
- Before we begin, you need to turn off auto date settings:
General > Date & Time > Set Automatically > OFF
- Set the date to 2 June 2014 (very IMPORTANT)
- Download the tool from pangu.io
- Run the tool and press jailbreak!
- Let it run for a while, it may ask you to click on the Pangu icon on your iDevice
- Wait till it reboot itself
- Once completed, you will see Cydia icon on your iDevice (which means you have jailbroken your iDevice successfully). Yay!
Cydia works and I managed to install XBMC in her iPad as she requested 🙂
Anyway, good luck & have fun with your jailbroken iDevice