Again, I’ve been hit by the WSOD. I’ve tried disabling my plugin by renaming the plugin directory. However, no luck as it hit a different error. I think the renaming method can no longer be done in newer version of WP.
So, I’ve googled around and stumble with this pretty neat way to fix this.
What you need:
- access to phpMyAdmin
- notepad (not your physical notepad of course)
- Login to the phpMyAdmin and proceed to your wordpress DB
- Go to the SQL tab
- Enter this SQL statement:
- Once the result is shown, click at the edit button (pencil icon)
- In the option_value field, the entire array of code represents every active plugin on your site. Thus, removing it will disable all plugins without using the WP Admin area. Highlight the entire block of code, cut it out, and paste it into a text file. After removing the code, click the button to save your changes and that’s it.
SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = ‘active_plugins’;
All plugins are now deactivated (yet still installed, and with all plugin options intact).
You should be able to login to your WP admin by now. Good luck 🙂